Upcoming identity events
A couple of upcoming UK identity events worth highlighting...
Firstly, FAM10, which is being held in Cardiff on the 5th and 6th October:
Some of the areas that delegates can look forward to hearing about this year include:
- Detailed overview of the progress made in the school's sector to adopt federated access management;
- Interfederation use cases, including links to the Government Gateway to allow parental access to schools data;
- Detailed technical information for advanced programmers;
- Update on JISC Services for accounting and statistical mnagement;
- Updates on identity management, user management and licence management;
- International speakers on areas such as Kantara, Shibboleth and Gartner;
- Service updates from the UK federation.
Secondly, the Internet Identity Workshop - Europe, which is being held a few days later in London on the 11th October:
IIW’s focus is on "user-centric identity" or "user-driven identity" – addressing the technical and adoption challenge of how people can manage their own identity across the range of websites, services, companies and organizations with which they interact. The focus of this first IIW-Europe will be on the whole range of global and European initiatives in this space.